We invest in, develop, and build powerful leaders and organizers.
WEEKLONG LEADERSHIP TRAINING (registration coming soon)
For organizers and leaders with some experience, who are ready to take their leadership to the next level. This training will employ elements of popular education, presentation, and agitation. Please plan to think deeply about yourself and your public life – what’s working in your organizing now, and what’s not.
WHO: Focus on member organization staff as an opportunity to rebuild our shared practice across the network.
WHEN: August 21-27
CONTACT: Nigel Tann, [email protected]
ONLINE TRAININGS OFFERED MONTHLY
FUNDAMENTALS OF ORGANIZING – Register Here!
Once you recruit a new leader to your organization, one of the very first things you should do is get them to training as soon as possible! This space is built for just that. It’s a crash course in community organizing for newbies and folks who need a refresher. No previous experience required.
FOCUS: Organizing fundamentals (i.e. Power, Self Interest, One-to-Ones)
WHO: Open to leaders and staff of People’s Action member orgs, partners, and movement allies.
CONTACT: Jenn Carrillo, [email protected]
First Thursdays 5:30-9:30pm CT (odd months)
Thursday, July 7
Thursday, September 1
Thursday, March 2
First Saturdays 9:00-1:00pm CT (even months)
Saturday, August 6
Saturday, October 1
Saturday, December 3
Saturday, February 4
DEEP CANVASS INSTITUTE SKILLS SERIES – Register here!
Learn and practice how to deep canvass and build the core skills of building trust; storytelling; compassionate curiosity and assertiveness.
FOCUS: Canvassing; hard skills
WHO: Open to anyone interested in deep canvassing, but especially valuable for members and staff of orgs who are running or starting deep canvass programs.
WHEN: Monthly – click the registration link for the most current dates.
CONTACT: Eboni Taggart, [email protected]
IN THE WORKS…
- Virtual T4T: Learn about different training methodologies, build core skills to execute excellent trainings and develop your training practice.
- Campaign Strategy Training: Learn how to build and run strategic issue campaigns with leaders at the center
- New Organizer Training: Onboarding training for new organizers joining the network
- Candidate Pipeline Strategy Training: September
- Movement Candidate Training: December
- Agitational T4T: Late 2022/Early 2023
- Weeklong Transformational Leadership Training- First Quarter 2023