PEACE and PRODUCTIVITY
The purpose of this training is to equip People’s Action Member Organizations and staff with new ways to manage workload and commitments that will enhance productivity, increase peace, and produce better results.
Specifically, participants will:
- Develop practices to keep their work flowing, reduce work avoidance, and increase their sense of peace around their work.
- Learn to set up and maintain robust systems for managing inputs and commitments (including to-dos, projects, emails, and appointments)
- Gain knowledge of useful frameworks and strategies for dealing with the load and complexity of the workplace.
- Become more skillful in making, responding to, tracking, and following through on requests.
- Create a series of agreements and practices designed to help their organizations have more productive norms conducive to increasing the productivity and peace of their staff. Ultimately, these trainings will give People’s Action Affiliates crucial personal effectiveness skills that they need to be able to build power for racial and economic justice.
Cost for meals, lodging, training and materials is $500 for People’s Action Member Organizations. Because space is limited, registration is limited to two people each from People's Action Member Organizations. Acceptance to this training is first come, first served; after the first 30 participants register, others will be waitlisted.
Productivity & Peace with Jose Acevedo and Sarah From
Techny Towers Conference Center
2001 Waukegan Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062
2017 Trainings & Workshops
Transformational Leadership Training
July 16-22 | Mundelein, Illinois
Transformational Leadership Training (English/Spanish)
Aug 20-26 | Estes Park, Colorado
Organizer Skills Training - East Coast
Oct 3-6, 2017 | Albany, NY
Organizer Skills Training - West Coast
Oct 24-27, 2017 | Oregon
Sept 25-28 (final dates TBD) | New York, NY
Nov 13-15, 2017 | Northbrook, IL