About People’s Action Institute
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and remote staff across the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 28 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/ Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Our member organizations have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including: health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
For more information on PAI, please visit https://peoplesaction.org/.
The Multimedia Coordinator will help conceptualize and produce digital content that demonstrably moves people inside and outside of the network into action in programs and on campaigns. Prepare and distribute digital content–with a heavy emphasis on video–on social media and digital platforms to reach targeted audiences. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work for an organization on the frontlines of the fight to advance a long-term agenda for a new economy and inclusive democracy.
Overview of the Position
The primary function of the Multimedia Coordinator is to work with our designer to create fast-turnaround video and visual content, leverage data, analysis, and research to inform content production across platforms, and codify best practices and learnings to train others both internally and externally. Integrate strategic digital communications skills and protocols into campaign and program infrastructure. Help create digital advocacy products that pair with created content to pull people into our movement and engage them in meaningful action. Consistently shares examples of innovation and expertise to inspire new ideas.
What you will do:
- Produce short-form, fast-turnaround, web and social media content in keeping with the tone and values of People’s Action/Institute and our member organizations, with a heavy emphasis on video and graphics production.
- Support campaigns through the creation of digital advocacy products utilizing tools such as Phone2Action, ActionNetwork, ActBlue, texting platforms, and other tools.
- Regularly report key performance indicators across the organization.
- Exercise good judgment at all times
- Work closely and cooperatively with the communications team, technology director, and other People’s Action teams and member organizations.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal Multimedia Coordinator should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization.
- You are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, including Premier, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects.
- You have proven success engaging online constituencies and raising money from them.
- You are driven to optimize online communications.
- You can write powerfully in sharp, clear, easy to grasp language.
- You want to win the Battle of Big Ideas by advancing our stories and core narrative.
- Ability to work independently to develop ideas and create content, and comfort taking direction in areas of visual or verbal style.
- Familiarity with online advocacy tools including ActionNetwork, Phone2Action, Spoke, etc.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
Compensation and Benefits:
Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt, benefits-eligible
Salary Range: Level 1 $55,000-$60,000
Location. Based in our Chicago, IL office, Washington, D.C. or remote locations may be considered.
Reports to: Creative Director
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, 403(b) plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year or employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Close date: January 30, 2022
No phone calls please
Please apply here