About People’s Action/Institute
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and remote staff across the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 28 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/ Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Qur member organization have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including: health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
For more information on PAI, please visit https://peoplesaction.org/
People’s Action is running one of the largest progressive political programs in the country. Our movement politics program is transforming American politics by electing poor and working people to local, state and federal offices who are dedicated to instituting our Long Term Agenda for a People’s Economy. We engage voters in rural, urban and suburban areas through deep canvassing, which is a form of direct voter contact that aims to build long term relationships with voters and persuade them to help elect our movement candidates.
This is a dream job for someone who is eager to build a unified national field program to elect progressive champions, grounded in local community organizing with People’s Action/Institute’s member organizations.
Overview of the Position
The primary function of the Movement Politics Field Manager is to drive national field support to our member organizations in order to elect hundreds of progressive champions to city, state and federal office. The Movement Politics Field Managers will lead volunteer engagement and political support to member organizations. They will build out deep canvass call and text programs with a team of national volunteers and work with People’s Action/Institute’s staff and member organization staff to align our national organizing with local programs.
What you will do:
- Serve as a movement politics field lead to a set of People’s Action/Institute’s member organizations. Ensure member organizations have the support they need to build high quality scripts, universes and campaign strategy. Lead regular check ins and drive coordination of political strategy between member organizations and national staff
- Lead text and deep canvass phone campaigns. Drive planning, facilitation, roles recruitment and turnout to weekly text banks and phone banks. Develop scripts and universes for these campaigns.
- Recruit thousands of volunteers to participate in our national movement politics program. Execute recruitment calls, text campaigns and one to one outreach in order to hit turnout goals for direct voter contact events.
- Develop and manage a team of leaders from our national volunteer program. Identify and recruit committed volunteers to take on roles within the program. Build mentorship relationships with these leaders and support them in their roles.
- Provide technical field support to staff who are using spoke, thrutalk or VAN
- Manage a deep canvass issue program (as needed). Lead a team of staff and leaders who have roles in the program. Drive script iteration, universe design and volunteer events. Design a timeline and goals to measure success of the program.
- Assist with fundraising for the movement politics program.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal Movement Politics Field Manager should have the following experience and qualifications:
- A proven ability to manage large volunteer teams in a high paced, metrics based environment
- Advanced proficiency with ThruTalk, Spoke and TMC VAN
- Familiarity with deep canvassing as a tactic to engage people around People’s Action/Institute’s missions
- 3+ years of experience in community, electoral or union organizing
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations
Compensation and Benefits:
Status: Full-time, Exempt, benefits eligible
Number of Positions Open: 4
Salary Range: Level 2- 57,500 – 67,500
Reports to: Movement Politics Field Director
Direct Reports: None
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, 401(k) plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 11 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year or employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Close date: November 21, 2021
No phone calls please
Please Apply Here!