About People’s Action Institute and Justice is Global
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
Justice is Global is a special project of People’s Action. Our mission is to build a grassroots movement to win structural reforms to make the global economy equitable and sustainable.
Justice is Global is looking for a national organizer to work with us to bring progressive internationalism to US politics. The national organizer will support our efforts to build grassroots power, cultivate and steward coalition relationships, and raise funds to expand our capacity.
Overview of the Position
The ideal candidate would bring highly developed relational organizing skills, familiarity with progressive politics, an understanding of the global economy, and a commitment to justice and social movement building.
What you will do:
50% Grassroots Organizing:
- Justice is Global has a growing grassroots base with national teams: Base-building, Social/Political Education and Policy/Research and a host of constituency groups. We’re seeking support to grow and develop our grassroots membership base to run and own these teams. We are also particularly interested in expanding our base in the global south diaspora, particularly among the South Asian diaspora.
25% Coalition Building
- To effectively build a national grassroots base, the national organizer will work to build organizational relationships with partners and allies in advocacy, community organizing, and policy.
Justice is Global is committed to building an independent funding base to support our campaign work and base-building. We are proud of fostering a culture of fundraising and would hope our national organizer would contribute to these efforts.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal National Organizing Consultant should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- This position is 100% remote, though we may want to host a national convening or in person events as it is safe to do so.
- This role requires flexibility to work flex hours to include nights and weekends to meet with volunteers and facilitate events.
- 2-3 years of grassroots relational organizing experience
- Must have a computer and access to WiFi
Compensation and Benefits:
Status: This is a Full-time, Temporary, Exempt, benefits eligible position. This position depends upon funding. It will be reassessed after six months.
Annual Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
Reports to: Deputy Director Justice is Global
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, 401(k) plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year or employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Close date: May 9, 2021