About People’s Action Institute and Justice is Global
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
Justice is Global is a special project of People’s Action. Our mission is to build a grassroots movement to win structural reforms to make the global economy equitable and sustainable.
Justice is Global is looking for a national organizer to support our progressive China policy work. The national organizer will support our efforts to build grassroots power, cultivate and steward coalition relationships, and raise funds to expand our capacity.
Overview of the Position
The ideal candidate would bring highly developed relational organizing skills, familiarity with progressive politics, an understanding of the global economy, and a commitment to social justice and movement building.
What you will do:
50% Grassroots Organizing:
- Justice is Global has a growing grassroots base with national teams: Base-building, Social/Political Education and Policy/Research and a host of constituency groups. We’re seeking support to grow and develop our grassroots membership base to run and own these teams. We are also particularly interested in expanding our base in the Chinese and pan-Asian diaspora within the US.
25% Campaign work
- Justice is Global is working to craft and build support for progressive US-China policy. We’re particularly focused on the relationship between anti-Asian racism and national security, and global cooperation on climate. The national organizer will focus on research, strategic mapping, and convening progressive thinkers to change narrative.
- Justice is Global is committed to building an independent funding base to support our campaign work and base-building. We are proud of fostering a culture of fundraising and would hope our national organizer would contribute to these efforts.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal National Organizing Consultant should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- This position is 100% remote, though we may want to host a national convening or in person events as it is safe to do so.
- This role requires flexibility to work flex hours to include nights and weekends to meet with volunteers and facilitate events.
- 2-3 years of organizing experience
- Must have a computer and access to WiFi
Compensation and Benefits:
Status: This is a Full-time, Temporary, Exempt, benefits eligible position. This position depends upon funding. It will be reassessed after six months.
Annual Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
Reports to: Deputy Director Justice is Global
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, 401(k) plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 10 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year or employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Close date: January 26, 2021
No phone calls please