People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and remote staff across the the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 28 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively come together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/ Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Qur member organization have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including: health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
For more information on PAI, please visit https://peoplesaction.org/.
The Digital Campaigner leads our social media and online advertising programs. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for an organization on the frontlines of the fight to advance a long-term agenda for a new economy and inclusive democracy.
Overview of the Position
The primary function of the Digital Campaigner is to grow our digital membership with a robust and engaging ad social media and ad program. The Digital Campaigner will also collaborate with internal partners to grow a digital constituency that is primed to take action and move from protest to power across the country.
What you will do:
- Regularly report key performance indicators across the organization.
- Manage robust digital ads program.
- Work with the digital team to evaluate the success of email, social media, website, and online ad content and strategies to maximize participation in our programs.
- An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- Working knowledge of business statistics.
- Understanding of agile project management.
- Experience with CRMs and online fundraising tools and ad platforms.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal Digital Campaigner should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization.
- Proven success engaging online constituencies deepening their engagement.
- Driven to optimize online communications.
- Can write powerfully in sharp, clear, easy to grasp language.
- Curious about the possibilities and insights that can be gleaned from Big Data.
- Want to win the Battle of Big Ideas by advancing our stories and core narrative.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience--prior campaign or organizing experience is preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations
Compensation and Benefits:
Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt, benefits eligible
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
Location. Based in our Chicago, IL office. Washington, D.C. or remote locations may be considered.
Reports to: Communications and Digital Director
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, 403(b) plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year or employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Close date: February 28, 2020
No phone calls please
Please apply here