Who We Are
People’s Action Institute (501c3) and People’s Action (501c4) is a national progressive organization supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections. With offices in Washington, DC and Chicago, IL and staff scattered around the country, we support and further state-based and national movements for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more.
People’s Action Institute is seeking a motivated and results-oriented manager to help keep the operation running smoothly in our fast paced mission driven organization. This position is part of a highly functioning operations team and works closely with the finance team. The Operations Manager is responsible for all things related to travel, office management, logistics support as well as systems and equipment maintenance.
- Manage monthly staff timesheets – ensures the completion of organization’s monthly timesheets including paid time off calculations and reporting and manage staffing changes.
- Lead organizational travel – point of contact for staff travel and manages group travel, manage relationship with online travel system and approves out of policy bookings.
- Office management – liaison to building landlord, manages vendor relationships related to facilities and equipment maintenance, coordinator of IT support, maintain sufficient office supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Logistics support – work with Events Manager to support logistics for organizational wide events and conferences.
- Manage equipment and software program – manage requests for equipment and software, Coordinate necessary purchases, and maintain inventory of all computers and software licenses.
- Support administration and finance – coordinate credit card purchases, prepare and submit invoices for payment and receipts for purchases, support the processing of contracts and support for job postings.
We seek candidates who excel in relationship building, are results-oriented and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A strong commitment to racial, gender and economic justice.
- Track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving results with a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience managing multiple projects with successful outcomes.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Slack, and Google Office Suite.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50k-$60k. The People’s Action benefits package includes a very good family medical, dental & vision insurance plan, a 403b plan with 3% employer contribution after 6 months, and paid time off in December in addition to paid vacation.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager“ in the subject line. People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.