Job Title: CA 45 Vote Coordinator
Organization: Student Action (a project of People’s Action)
Project Location: Irvine, California
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: We are in a critical moment in U.S. electoral history. We have seen a rise in far right forces that have garnered momentum with the rhetoric of hate, pushing for regressive policies that are making structural racism, sexism, income inequality, and climate disaster worse. Now more than ever, young people need to set a new narrative that focuses on our issues and progressive values to build a future for everyone. This November, we can flip the House and build on issues like Free College for All. To create this impact, Student Action is mobilizing around the 45th Congressional district race.
- Turn out at least 5460 voters on November 6th
- Coordinate up to eight part-time canvassers at 1-4 campuses
- Lead volunteers and stipended students to execute the program
- Run voter contact and volunteer recruitment activities, primarily on campus: quad canvassing, phone banking, text banking, class raps, tabling, rallies, public meetings, dorm storms, etc.
- Track data for all voter contact shifts completed by staff and volunteers; report to Student Action
- Experience coordinating an electoral operation, ideally on a college campus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong data management ability and ability to track details
- Experience leading volunteers
- Strong problem-solving ability / flexibility and creativity
- Ability to multitask and be flexible with hours
- Willingness to take constructive feedback and be accountable
This is an independent contractor position which begins asap and ends on November 7th. Pay will range from $3150 to $5200 for the project depending on experience. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.