As a Canvass Director, you’ll be managing a team of staff to canvass throughout Chicago, raise money and sign up members. You must be able to recruit, train and manage a paid canvass staff. We’re looking for people who are self-motivated and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Specifically, we’re looking for people with:
- One to two years fundraising, organizing, or leadership experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours
- Capacity to engage and inspire a variety of audiences
1. Meet Goals for Your Campaign
• Reach or exceed your office’s fundraising and membership goals. Our office has a goal of raising $360,000 and identifying thousands of members each year.
2. Recruit, Train and Manage a Staff of Canvassers
• Train staff on effective canvassing and campaigning techniques.
• Run staff meetings and skills trainings.
• Evaluate staff performance and give ongoing feedback.
• Lead by example. Canvass three times a week so you can train new staff, evaluate current staff, raise money, identify and activate members, and educate the public on the issues.
• Oversee administrative functions related to campaign goals, staff management, fundraising and membership development, and general office management.
• Ensure that funds raised and member information collected gets to the partner organizations.
• Complete your staff’s payroll accurately and in a timely fashion.
About People’s Action
The mission of People’s Action is to advance a long-term agenda for racial, economic and gender justice by investing in powerful state and local organizations and campaigns that win real change in people’s lives. Through strategic issue campaigns, leadership development, direct action, grassroots and netroots action we engage everyday people and power organizations in more than thirty states in building an economy and a democracy that puts people and planet first.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$55,000 and is based on experience. People’s Action’s competitive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, and paid time off in December in addition to paid vacation. There are advancement opportunities within the organization. This position allows you to be part of a great team and create social change for millions in Illinois.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Mary Grace Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.