This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to engage in the Battle of Big Ideas and shift the narrative in America to achieve our vision of a new economy and just democracy, one that puts people and planet over profits and polluters. Our ambition is nothing less than creating a new people’s politics in America, and the Data Manager will be a leader in this work.
People’s Action is…
The mission of People’s Action Institute is to advance a long-term agenda for racial, economic and gender justice by investing in powerful state and local organizations and campaigns that win real change in people’s lives. Through strategic issue campaigns, leadership development, direct action, grassroots and netroots action we engage everyday people-and-power organizations in more than 30 states in building an economy and a democracy that puts people and planet first.
What you’ll do
- Maintain data integrity across the organization.
- Use data creatively to make the impossible possible
Who you are
The person we need in this role:
- Has worked with major advocacy CRMs.
- Has experience in applied statistics.
- Deeply understands SQL and NoSQL.
- Is proficient in Excel and SPSS (or similar).
- Is curious about the possibilities and insights that can be gleaned from Big Data.
- Is experienced with building predictive models and conduct analysis of programs.
- Can communicate data simply and effectively.
- Regularly report indicators of performance across the organization.
- Maintain voter file, CRM and other list management tools.
- Perform data appends and ensure list hygiene.
- Work with digital team to evaluate the success of email, social media, website, and online ad content and strategies to maximize fundraising and participation in our programs.
- Coach coworkers and campaigns to help build effective data strategies.
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- Prior experience as data director for a progressive organization.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL and Graph databases.
- Experience with distributed databases (Eg. Apache Cassandra, Hadoop).
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with ability to influence others to move toward a common vision or goal.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics or related field.
- Commitment to social justice.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is based on experience and you should put your desired range in your cover letter. People’s Action’s competitive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, flexible spending account, and paid time off in December in addition to paid vacation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to James Mumm ([email protected]). Position is open until filled. People’s Action is an equal opportunity employer; women, people of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.