The Special Assistant to the Co-Director is the primary support staff for the co-director. The Special Assistant reports to the Co-Director and works out of People’s Action’s Washington, D.C. or Seattle office.
- Ensure the co-director’s calendar and travel schedule are in line with organizational priorities.
- Organize all travel logistics, including calendar, transportation, lodging and prep materials.
- Coordinate all aspects of the co-director’s calendar, including the scheduling of meetings and calls.
- Organize logistics, preparation and support for meetings as required, including identifying dates, times and locations as well as travel logistics, including air travel for multiple parties, lodging, ground transportation, and meals. This may also include: material development, note taking, follow-up memos, etc.
- Assisting the co-director by conducting research, gathering intelligence, participating in key meetings, and engaging in larger strategy conversations and writing internal white papers and memos.
- Work in partnership with program and fundraising staff to ensure that the co-director is prepared for meetings and events.
- Conduct additional administrative and logistical tasks, as needed, for the organization. These might include office management, administrative or event related support and research.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar administrative role.
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong writing skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, prioritize and problem-solve, and meet deadlines.
- Proven track record of developing systems and using technology to improve efficiency.
- Team player who can build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Ability to build working relationships with a team and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice.
- Great sense of humor and love of people.
- Experience working with community organizing groups.
- Familiarity with foundation fundraising.
- Spanish-language proficiency.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is based on experience. Please address your desired salary range in your cover letter.
- People's Action’s competitive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, flexible spending account, and paid time off in December in addition to paid vacation.
About People’s Action/Institute
People’s Action, along with its companion organization People's Action Institute, is a dynamic new national organization with affiliated community power organizations in more than 30 states that work together to advance a racial and economic justice agenda. People’s Action was formed by a merger of five powerful, national organizing networks – Alliance for a Just Society; Campaign for America's Future; Center for Health, Environment and Justice; National People’s Action and USAction. Our ambition is nothing less than creating a new people’s politics in our country. We engage everyday people in campaigns, leadership development, direct action, and grassroots and netroots action to build an economy and a democracy that puts people and planet first.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with “Special Assistant” in the subject line.
- Position is open until filled.
- Women, people of color and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply.