People’s Action is seeking an Events Manager to lead a dynamic team implementing an ambitious calendar of events, including strategy sessions, trainings, staff meetings, large and small gatherings of affiliates and allies. The Events Manager will work closely with the People’s Action/Institute staff team to ensure all our events run smoothly and successfully.
- Logistics, Logistics, Logistics. As the Events Manager you will be responsible for identifying and securing venues for large and small events. This includes outreach and negotiations with hotel and venue staff, finalizing contracts for approval, coordinating room set up, audio-video needs, and meals, as well as meeting deadlines for information and payments.
- Registration Management. The Events Manager works closely with internal event program leads to create and manage registration websites and track registration and payments. The Events Manager may create rooming lists and help coordinate travel for staff and/or participants when needed.
- Financial Management. The Events Manager will ensure events are managed within an approved budget. S/he will work with the finance team to ensure payments to venues and vendors are submitted on time and issue invoices post-event to collect registration fees.
- Preparation. The Events Manager will coordinate with the Program leads ahead of time to ensure supplies and materials are prepared in a timely fashion and arrive on site and ready for the event.
- On-site leadership. When needed, The Events Manager will be present on site to serve as both a welcoming committee and resource for attendees. They are the responsible staff for registration and check-in as well as a key resource for trouble shooting throughout the event. They will work closely with the Program leads to ensure logistics run smoothly and anticipating likely problems in order to create contingency plans.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, act decisively, and problem-solve.
- Ability to remain calm and welcoming in hectic and stressful situations.
- Experience delegating and supporting others to be successful in their roles.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, prioritize and problem-solve, and meet deadlines.
- Proven track record of developing systems and using technology to improve efficiency.
- Team player that can build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice.
- Great sense of humor and love of people.
- Be experience working with community, labor, or electoral organizations and non-profits.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is based on experience; please include your desired range in your cover letter. Our competitive benefits package includes family medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k plan with 3% employer contribution after six months of employment; flexible spending account; life insurance; and paid time off at the end of December in addition to paid vacation.
About People’s Action/Institute
People’s Action/Institute is a dynamic new national organization with affiliated community power organizations in more than 30 states that work together to advance a racial and economic justice agenda. People’s Action was formed by a merger of five powerful, national organizing networks – Alliance for a Just Society; Campaign for America’s Future; Center for Health, Environment and Justice; National People’s Action, and USAction. Our ambition is nothing less than creating a new people’s politics in our country. We engage everyday people in campaigns, leadership development, direct action, and grassroots and netroots action to build an economy and a democracy that puts people and planet first.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] with "Events Manager” in the subject line. Visit our website to learn more about us at peoplesaction.org. Position is open until filled. People’s Action Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.