People’s Action/Institute is seeking an energetic and highly organized Development Associate to join our development team and support the successful execution of an ambitious fundraising program on behalf of the organization and our network of affiliates.
A successful candidate will have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and be skilled at juggling multiple projects. The candidate should be detail-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills as well as having excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with multiple audiences. This position is ideal for a development professional with some experience and looking to expand their skills as part of a national organization fighting for racial and economic justice.
- Lead the research to generate new foundation and donor prospects.
- Develop an overarching analysis of potential areas of financial growth and present strategies to the broader development team.
- Lead the development of materials to support the People’s Action/Institute fundraising program.
- Write and assist in the development of concept papers, proposals, and reports to funding partners.
- Quickly develop and maintain a keen understanding of, and fluency in, all People’s Action/Institute programs, campaigns and events.
- Assist in managing a portfolio of grants including all activities related to establishing, maintaining, renewing, and closing out grants.
- Attend key philanthropic events (including meetings of philanthropic affinity groups) representing the organization in a professional, knowledgeable manner, and work to develop relationships with funders.
- Organize events targeting individual donors and key philanthropic sectors.
- Support development department activities as needed, including foundation, individual and major donor work.
- Help develop funder communications to ensure that partners are regularly updated on progress and achievements related to our campaigns and programs.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Demonstrated skill in research.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, act decisively, and problem-solve.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice.
- Great sense of humor and love of people.
- Experience working with community, labor, or electoral organizations.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is based on experience; please include your desired range in your cover letter. Our competitive benefits package includes family medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k plan with 3% employer contribution after six months of employment; flexible spending account; life insurance; and paid time off at the end of December in addition to paid vacation.
About People’s Action/Institute
People’s Action/Institute is a dynamic new national organization with affiliated community power organizations in more than 30 states that work together to advance a racial and economic justice agenda. People’s Action was formed by a merger of five powerful, national organizing networks – Alliance for a Just Society, Campaign for America’s Future, Center for Health, Environment and Justice, National People’s Action and USAction. Our ambition is nothing less than creating a new people’s politics in our country. We engage everyday people in campaigns, leadership development, direct action, and grassroots and netroots action to build an economy and a democracy that puts people and planet first.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Visit our website to learn more about us at peoplesaction.org. Position is open until filled. People’s Action Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.