The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the operations of People’s Action Institute and our family of related organizations. The Operations Manager is a part-time (75 percent time) hourly position located in Seattle, Washington. The position reports to the Operations Director and works closely with the finance and operations team to build a highly functional office space and to create and/or support systems that solve problems and produce an efficient, smooth and effective operation. This position will also manage organizational events and provide administrative and operational support in the organization more broadly. There are People’s Action/Institute offices in Chicago, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
The Operations Manager will:
- Manage Financial Processes: Coordinate the documentation of incoming revenue and outgoing payments for our family of organizations, reconcile credit card statements for Seattle office, support for sponsored projects.
- Manage Administrative Functions: Serve as the staff to process mail/shipping needs, maintaining inventory of supplies, maintain organizational records, accounts and files.
- Event Logistics: Coordinate meetings logistics as assigned. This includes the coordination of event budgets, air travel and hotel room blocks.
- Coordinate Travel: Work with Operations Director to manage staff travel and staff travel budgets accordingly.
- Manage Seattle Office/Property: Serve as the lead on-site office and property manager including effective management of building maintenance, rental requests and subtenant management. This includes accurate and organized record-keeping of associated files.
- Point on IT Operations/Telecommunications in Seattle office: Serve as the lead to troubleshoot IT issues for Seattle-based staff, manage inventory of all computers and office equipment and make recommendations to Operations Director for staff needs.
- Minimum of four years experience in a similar administrative role.
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, prioritize and problem-solve, and meet deadlines.
- Team player who can build strong, collaborative relationships across geography.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice.
- Experience as an administrator in a fast-paced nonprofit environment.
- Familiarity with community organizing.
This position is paid an hourly rate of $25 per hour and is expected to work 30 hours per week and will earn paid time off. There are no benefits associated with this position.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Visit our website (peoplesaction.org) to learn more about us. This position will close on Friday March 17, 2017. People’s Action Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.